Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dusting off the blog...

Awhile back, I started this (then food) blog with an ode to brisket tacos. And a bit of ice cream. Then I hit a roadblock.

I had a two-year-old and was pregnant with my second child; somehow, the great food that I wanted to capture on this blog rarely made it online. (I'm sure I could come up with some great technical reasons, but really, I think it was just a combination of toddlers and dinnertime.) I did get a couple of posts up, but today I have no idea what happened to them!

Fast forward two years: I am now the mom of a four-year-old boy, a girl who is almost two, and a new baby. Though I do love to cook, I have discovered more and more lately that there might be space for me in the crafty universe also. Something about creating something that actually exists for longer than a meal or two and is of use in some way is really appealing to me. Because this is a new revelation to me, I have a bit of a "crafty buffet" happening here. In the last year, I've tried my hand at crochet (scarves at Christmas), knitting (another scarf), sewing (some clothes, a playtent, napkins), quilting (a baby gift), and embroidery.

Over the last year, I've tried a lot of things, and I've enjoyed most of it. If you are willing to be all over the board in your reading, I'm happy to oblige because who knows what you'll get here?? Could be food, could be crafts, could be books....Hopefully, whatever else it is, it'll be fun! Welcome!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It will be fun to get to know you a bit through your blog. Your life sounds a lot like mine - 3 kids and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am your swap partner and I hope to mail the scraps tomorrow morning! Good luck with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete